Professional Certification Coalition Update Webinar - BOC CARE Educational Series
Share on Social Media
As part of the BOC CARE EDUCATIONAL SERIES a webinar event held March 10, 2021 provided an overview of the Professional Certification Coalition (PCC), and an update of their nationwide efforts. The program, Protection of Professional Certification in State Professional Licensing Reform Legislation, was presented by Craig Saperstein, partner and Julia Judish, special counsel, both with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP. They are the professional managers of the PCC.
The webinar covered information relative to legislation and other initiatives that are affecting private professional certification, as well as how the PCC is promoting certification across the country. An update was provided on state and federal legislation impacting certification.
Key points of interest covered include:
- Tracking of 100 bills in 37 states
- Categories of bills being tracked:
- Occupational licensing reform
- Government vs. private certification
- Consumer choice acts
- Right to earn a living acts
- Ex-offender reentry legislation
- Reciprocal/universal licensure legislation
- Federal bills that benefit credential holders and potential credential holders
To learn more, watch the full event here.