BOC Provides Unique Way to Earn CEUs
Share on Social Media
The BOC is offering the initial phase of its Professional Goals Appraisal (PGA) program which provides 10 Category B continuing education units (CEUs) to Athletic Trainers (ATs) at the low cost of $65 – only $6.50 per CEU! Access the optional program by logging into your BOC Central™ profile and selecting the PGA button.
The PGA tool will provide ATs with the necessary resources and information to assess professional needs and choose activities that will enhance clinical competence and knowledge.
- CEUs: 10 Category B CEUs
- Cost: $65 (pay at the time PGA launches in March 2020)
- Sequential Components of the PGA
- Personal Inventory Questions
- Professional Development Needs Assessment
- Objective Assessment
- Learning Needs Analysis
- Goal Development
- Components 1-5 must be completed no later than December 31, 2020
- Activity Completion and Reflection
- Must be completed no later than December 31, 2021
- Time: Allow 2-4 hours to complete components 1-5 and 4+ hours to complete component 6
During the 2016-2017 renewal period, the BOC conducted the Portfolio Pilot that was completed by over 450 ATs. The analysis of this pilot resulted in recommendations to the BOC Board of Directors to move forward with offering a similar tool to create a culture shift from collecting CEUs to a mindful, intentional selection of professional development activities purposely designed to maintain competence and promote professional growth.
The PGA is intended to drive your continuing education selection based
on the goals developed. To meet your goals, you must provide yourself
enough time in the renewal period to select professional development
activities that align with your goals. As a result, Goal Development
must be completed by December 31, 2020 and Activity Completion and
Reflection must be completed by December 31, 2021 in order to receive
the 10 Category B CEUs.